Applications now being accepted! (Deadline: February 6th, 2015)
The application form is available here.
Each completed application should include
- Application form (either e-mailed or mailed in a package along with other application materials)
- Academic transcripts from your current institution,
- An 800-1000 word essay outlining your interest in the study of organizations, and
- One (1) signed & sealed letter of recommendation
Please mail application materials to
Enrica Ruggs, Ph.D
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte
Attn: Organizational Science Summer Institute
9201 University City Blvd.
Charlotte, NC 28223
The Organizational Science Summer Institute is designed to provide undergraduate students (African Americans and Latinos) with a unique educational opportunity with the following goals:
1.To give advanced undergraduates the opportunity to learn more about graduate studies and research in organizational science
2.To provide the opportunity for students to identify their focal interests through direct experience and exposure to the many areas of research in organizational sciences
3.To foster undergraduate interest and ability in research, scholarship, application and graduate study
4.To demonstrate to participants that a career in organizational science offers an exciting challenge, that such careers offer many personal and intellectual rewards, and that they are fully capable of such careers
5.To expose students to a supportive graduate climate that values multiple diverse perspectives (e.g. disciplinary, demographic, methodology, and intellectual)
6. To provide skills necessary to navigate the graduate admissions process
Ten rising juniors and seniors (from this point called “Fellows”) from around the US will be housed at UNC Charlotte.