Twelve Fellows are selected each year to participate in OSSI. In order to participate, all research fellows must…
- Be a member of an underrepresented ethnic or racial group (meaning Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native, or Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander). Please note, we focus on targeting students these groups because these are the groups where the largest gaps exist for graduate school attendance. We will consider other students; however, given the mission of the program we do give preference to applicants from the backgrounds listed.
- Have an interest in studying organizations or work (either from an I/O, sociology, psychology, communications, or management perspective).
- Have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA).
- Have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours by the time they plan to attend the Institute (i.e., qualify as at least a rising Junior or Senior undergraduate student). Applicants that have already completed their bachelor’s degree are also eligible to attend if they are not currently applying to graduate schools or have not already been accepted into a graduate program.
- Plan to further their education via graduate school.
- Have NOT started, or been accepted to, a graduate program.
- Are NOT applying to graduate schools during the current academic cycle (i.e., seeking acceptance to graduate school in Summer or Fall 2021).
All application materials are due on January 31st, 2021.
Please note that only complete applications, including all three of the components listed below, will be considered for admission.
- Two 500-Word Essays
- Essay One: In 500 words, explain your interest in attending graduate school. Tell us about your career goals.
- Essay Two: In 500 words, describe your interest in the study of work and/or organizations.
- Email your essay document to OrgScienceSummer@UNCC.edu. Be sure to follow the formatting guidelines listed in the OSSI Essay Submission Instructions.
- Online Recommendation Form
We do not require applicants to send their academic transcripts with their application materials, but we may request them at a later date. No action is needed on your part unless we notify you otherwise.
Know Someone Who Might Be Interested?
Email them our OSSI 2021 flyer! Click here to download a copy.