OSSI Fellows Must Meet the Following Criteria
- MUST be a member of an underrepresented ethnic or racial group (meaning African-American, Hispanic/Latino, or Native American students)
- Have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours at the time of institute attendance (At least a rising Junior or Senior)
- Have a competitive cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Plan to further their education via graduate school
- Have a passion for transdisciplinary research and thinking
- Willing to spend an uninterrupted week in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Have NOT started, or been accepted to, a graduate program
- Are NOT applying to graduate schools in the current academic cycle
- Please note that applicants that have already completed their bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply (if they are not currently applying or have already been accepted into a graduate program)
Please note: The application for the 2018 Organizational Science Summer Institute is closed. Applications for the 2019 Institute will open in the fall of 2018.
The application has four parts (only complete applications will be considered):
Two 500 Word Essays
These essays will be uploaded with your application. Be sure to follow the formatting guidelines listed in the OSSI Essay Submission Instructions.
- Explain your interest in attending graduate school (i.e., tell us about your career goals.)
- Describe your interest in the study of organizations.
Each application must be accompanied by ONE recommendation form submitted electronically by the recommender of your choosing. Refer your recommender to the “Recommender” tab for recommendation submission instructions (https://ossi.uncc.edu/recommenders/). Don’t know who to ask? Click here for Recommender Suggestions!
Mail your official transcripts from your current institution to the following address:
Enrica N. Ruggs, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Psychology & Organizational Science
UNC Charlotte | Dept. of Psychology | Colvard 4046
9201 University City Blvd | Charlotte, NC 28223
Share the OSSI flyer with others!