Now accepting applications for the 2020 institute!
Application Deadline: Friday, January 31, 2020
- Be a member of an underrepresented ethnic or racial group (meaning Black/African-American, Hispanic/Latino, American Indian or Alaska Native and Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander).
Please note, we focus on targeting students these groups because these are the groups where we see the largest gaps for graduate school attendance. We will consider other students; however, given the mission of the program we do give preference to applicants from the backgrounds listed.
- Have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours at the time of institute attendance (At least a rising Junior or Senior)
- Have a 3.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Plan to further their education via graduate school
- Have a passion for interdisciplinary research and thinking
- Willing to spend an uninterrupted week in Charlotte, North Carolina
- Have NOT started, or been accepted to, a graduate program
- Are NOT applying to graduate schools in the current academic cycle
- Please note that applicants that have already completed their bachelor’s degree are also eligible to apply (if they are not currently applying or have already been accepted into a graduate program)
The application has four parts (only complete applications will be considered):
1. Online Application
Submit your application here.
2. Two 500 Word Essays
Email essay document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to follow the formatting guidelines listed in the OSSI Essay Submission Instructions.
- Explain your interest in attending graduate school (i.e., tell us about your career goals)
- Describe your interest in the study of organizations
3. Recommendation Form
Each application must be accompanied by ONE recommendation form submitted electronically by the recommender of your choosing. Refer your recommender to the “Recommender” tab for recommendation submission instructions (https://ossi.uncc.edu/recommenders/). Don’t know who to ask? Click here for Recommender Suggestions!
4. Academic Transcripts
There are two options for submitting your manuscripts.
Electronic Transcripts can be sent to email@example.com.
Mail your official transcripts from your current institution to the following address:
Jill Yavorsky, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Sociology & Organizational Science
UNC Charlotte | Dept. of Sociology | Fretwell 490H
9201 University City Blvd | Charlotte, NC 28223
Share the 2020 OSSI Flyer with others!