Now accepting applications for the
2020 Organizational Science Summer Institute
May 10-May 15, 2020
Participants of the OSSI will engage in a number of activities including, but not limited to:
- One-on-one meetings with faculty and current graduate students to discuss research interests and develop a research project
- GRE Training
- Networking with other participants
- Meeting with successful professionals in the field of Organizational Science
- Intensive seminars on the research process
The Organizational Science Summer Institute is designed to provide underrepresented undergraduate students with a unique educational opportunity with the following goals:
- Foster undergraduate interest and ability in research, scholarship, application and graduate study
- Provide hands on development of research conceptualization, writing, and presentation skills and intense GRE training
- Expose students to a supportive graduate climate that values multiple diverse perspectives (e.g. disciplinary, demographic, methodology, and intellectual)
- Demonstrate to participants that a career in organizational science offers an exciting challenge and that they are fully capable of such careers
- Help students to develop a competitive application for graduate school.
Twelve rising juniors and seniors (from this point called “Fellows”) from around the US and the world will be housed in a hotel in Uptown Charlotte within walking distance of UNC Charlotte’s Center City Building. Flight, housing and food expenses are included (See FAQ for more information).